Sunday, August 28, 2011

Workin Away!

So Kyle, being the handy man that he is wanted to get a head start on our new land that we purchased. He wanted to pull out the fence to make it easier for the builders to come in when we are ready to start building. I told him that I would come help out. So last Saturday was the day I "got" to help him out.




I showed up late because I had to drop my nephew off, but once I was there I put on my hunting boots, jeans, t-shirt and some XL gloves. Guess we didn't even think about me needing some smaller gloves. Before we left Nick and Pat's house I asked Nick if there were any snakes in this part. He asked me what part I was talking about? Hahaha only Nick would reiterate my question. I nicely said well this area. His advice was not to look down. So guess what was in my head the whole entire time. YEP....I was looking down to see if I could see anything in the tall grass!! Luckily there were only small bugs that I saw :)




So...I was in charge of knocking the boards off the post. To do this I either kicked or yanked on the boards until they came loose. I then had to drag up the boards to the road and make a pile.


I got so far ahead of Kyle who was pulling out the (stumps) poles that were in the ground. Pretty sure that's not what they are technically called, but that is what I am calling them! I decided to watch what he was doing to see if I could do it. It looked pretty simple and easy to do. I told Kyle I wanted to do it. So he let me "try" to wrap the chain around and start twisting the handle to get the "stump" to come up and out of the ground. After a few minutes flew by I had to give up and let Kyle finish it. I really wanted to get one myself. So I tried again and again and again. I couldn't tell you how many times I had to have help before I actually got one. I think Kyle was being patient because he was tired and he was enjoying this break. After I kind of got that stump out Pat came with water. Just in the nick of time because it was H-O-T-T HOT outside. We took a little water break and then decided to work as a team on the rest of the "stumps". If I would have known how much faster it was to work as a team I would have done that from the start!!!

After we got the front yard post pulled we decided to pick the boards up and call it a day. I don't know what was worse, the pulling/knocking down of the fence or the picking up of the boards. This fence was quite sturdy and it was heavy.



Once we were done with that task I FINALLY got to see what our land looked liked. We walked around to see how much we had to clean out and what not. Here are some pictures of what the land looks like.








As you can see there are many trees, a house, and a stable that will need to be torn down and cleaned up. Kyle has done a great job so far. I think he likes working on our land. He was out there this weekend working away. I made it out for about 2 hours at the most yesterday :) I told myself him and Nick had it under control today and that they didn't need me. Can't wait to see what he got accomplished!

Oh and Kyle is such a loving husband that he bought me my own pair of work gloves. They fit perfectly! To bad they weren't in a pretty color though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment