Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Boredem=Baking Time

So usually when I get bored and this happens at night time when I think I have nothing else I can possibly do I start to think about what I can bake and who I can give it to. Don't get me wrong I LOVE to eat my baking, but I can't eat all of it that I bake. So I happen to be traveling back to Elwood tomorrow morning and thought, "Why not bake some apple muffins since I have apples in the freezer that I need to use up soon!" What a great idea I thought. So I started surfing the Internet and Pinterest. (If you don't have Pinterst GET IT). I found 3 great recipes and was bummed out because I only have enough frozen apples to make 2 recipes. So I figured I could make a healthy one and a not so healthy one, that way people can choose what they want to eat :)

1st recipe I decided to start on was the healthy one! Oatmeal Apple Raisin Muffins. Believe it or not I had all of the ingredients at home to work with so I didn't even have to go grocery shopping! I love it when this happens :)

So now onto the Oatmeal Apple Raisin Muffins courteous of http://www.tammysrecipes.com/ and Pinterest :)

1. I have to start by preparing my stations and getting everything I need.


2. I preheat the oven to 400 degrees and start whisking together the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Ingredients are: flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.

 3. You have to make a well in the dry ingredients to dump the wet mixture into it.

4. I needed to chop up my frozen apples. This recipe calls for a regular apple, but you can defiantly use frozen apples if you have them! I didn't chop mine up to much because I like larger chunks of apple in my muffins.

5. You mix all the wet ingredients together. This consists of: egg, milk, raisins, apples, oil, and applesauce. I am proud to say I got to use my HOME MADE APPLESAUCE that I made last year :)

6. You dump the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix together. DO NOT MIX TO LONG!!


7. Put into 12 greased or paper-lined muffins and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. I baked mine for 18 minutes. Do not worry that this "batter" doesn't really look like "muffin batter". I honestly didnt' think there would be a muffin like consistency when it was done, but I was wrong.

8. Let cool on a rack and then TASTE TEST!


These are amazing and easy to bake muffins. The taste I find impeccable. You get the taste of cinnamon, apple, and raisin, in a dense muffin. These will for sure fill you up!!

RECIPE
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon cinnamon-I probably added in 2 because I love cinnamon
1 egg
3/4 cup milk-I used skim
1 cup raisins
1 cup apple
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup applesauce


2nd recipe is a little less healthy. It is called Apple Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins. I again had all of the ingredients so I didn't have to go to the store.

The recipe Apple Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins is courteous of http://www.barbarabakes.com/ and Pinterest!

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with paper-lined muffin cups and get ingredients together.

2. In a large bow, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.

3. Add in vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract.

4. Slice up apples very finally.

5. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add to egg mixture and stir to combine. Then stir in apples.


6. Divide batter into 12 muffin cups.

7. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Mine went for 18 minutes.

8. Let muffins cool in their pan.

9. Once half way cooled off and you are able to pick them up you then dunk them in BUTTER and then the cinnamon sugar mixture. I have found for the cinnamon sugar mixture to twirl the bowl instead of pressing the muffin into it. It makes it coat a lot easier.


10. Let cool and then TASTE TEST!



These do taste very scrumptious and are very easy to make!

RECIPE
 3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk- I used skim
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 small apples grated- I used about 2 cups

Topping: I mixed my own, but you can follow her recipe!
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon




These are so easy to make that I am done with them and I am done with my writting blog all in less than 90 minutes! I started this around 5:00 and now I don't know what else to do! Guess I should make Kyle some dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment